Dam(ned) Colditz

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pics have to wait gents as I don't have a computer here to upload from my camera. Colditz was great. Really something to go to if you have the chance. The castle is impressive and the long tour is great. By no means a disappointment. I think I will start a separate thread for that later.
We decided to drop the Sachsischer Schweiz. We're a bit tired of driving around, so we decided to walk around in Dresden instead.

Edit: a picture from my friend's cellphone. It is me standing in the gate of Colditz castle, taking one of my many photo's
image.jpg

Last edited:
Okay guys, I'm back. I have to sort out my pics from Colditz and also want to make it into a thread of it's own. I got nearly 200 photo's of the castle and surroundings, so I will do that later if you don't mind.
Below some pictures I took on the Mohne dam. Nice place, spend about an hour there.
img_6200.jpg
img_6205.jpg
img_6222.jpg
img_6224.jpg
img_6235.jpg
img_6208.jpg

Dresden is great to visit. You will enjoy it. Go and check out the green room when you are there.
Thanks for the tip. I did visit the greenroom and it was great. The jewellery and golden objects were great and the details on some of them astonishing. I also loved the knight harnasses in the other room.

Dresden itself looked old with a slight touch of Disneyworld in it. The buildings look old but inside they are modern and made of concrete. While the outside is beautiful restored, I can't help the feeling that they try to hide the tragedy. Something like the Gedachtnis Kirche would have been better I a good touch. Nevertheless, the city is well worth visiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back