Dame Vera Lynn re-enters charts (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BikerBabe

Senior Master Sergeant
May 21, 2009
Denmark.
www.bmwmc.dk
Legendary singer Dame Vera Lynn has become the oldest living artist to enter the top 20 of the UK album chart, her record company said.
Dame Vera, who kept up the spirits of millions of soldiers during World War II, has entered the album chart at number 20 - at the age of 92.
She has achieved her success with her album, "We'll Meet Again - The Very Best of Vera Lynn."

Please read the rest of article on the link below, there's also a nice little video interview on the BBC page here:
BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Dame Vera Lynn re-enters charts

When that's said, Dame Vera Lynn is one of the very few artists who can make my eyes go blank, when she sings songs like "When The Lights Go On Again", "The White Cliffs Of Dover" and "We'll Meet Again", so it's really a great joy and pleasure for me to see the Force's Sweetheart hit the charts big time - she has earned every second of joy and honour vith her talent and her heart, in my eyes!

I wonder who is buying it? The Lady herself thinks people might like songs in which "they can hear the words". I wish her all the best, number one in the charts good for her!
I can't however, see me rushing out to buy her album.
Steve

That's one of my absolute fave vids on YouTube. ;)

Dame Vera Lynn sings lightyears better than any of those dudes, that's for sure! :lol:

AMEN, BB..... Amen ! I like the one about "understanding the words"..

I'm still hung up on CCR's "there's a bathroom on the right...." ["Bad moon Rising", I think.....]

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back