De Havilland Sea Vixen FAW.2 1/72 Scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

TL Blade

Airman 1st Class
Jul 27, 2008
Nuneaton
I got this kit sometime ago and have only really just started it.
The Sea Vixen is one of my favirote Jets and I had been looking for one for along time. Mainly after seeing a sea vixen at the biggen hill air show when I was about 12.
29p7043.jpg

244bqtw.jpg

This won't be a quick build. I've got to get some super glue for the resin parts.

Just giving an update on progress on the D.H Sea Vixen and over one day not alot has happened. I spent at least two hours yesterday modifieing the cockpit to make it look right and fit in. Today I have been trying to fill in gaps between pieces which shouldn't have gaps. I have had to do some sanding to try and put I new panel lines because they dont line up and other had to put in other here of snaded pieces to get a better fit. The kit is missing a lot of detail that can be seen easily on the actuall aircraft so will have to do something about that aswell.

Here is just my progress over today.
28iycki.jpg

This is what I satrted wiht in the morning. Didi a bit of a clean up of the paint job as I was now happy with the fit that I had got the night before.
30jr42a.jpg

After a clean up the paint went on some other parts wher put together.
2gvj9n6.jpg

At this point I have had to go back and contuine sanding and filling to make the fit better.

The kit Itself isn't especially good it does fits a hole in the market. I wouldn't recommend it to new modellers. However Unless you want to do alot of moding and getting parts to improve the kit I wouldn't bother with it. It is no better than any other Sea vixen kit I have seen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back