Declassified Squadrons of US Air Force

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Micdrow

“Archive”
Aug 21, 2006
Wisconsin
Not exactly sure where to put this. Modirators can move it to where they like.

PDF file is a declassifided document of the Squadrons of the US Airforce between 1941 and 1945 of World War II.

Hope you enjoy. More stuff on the way when I get time. Need some sleep. Work the night shift.

Micdrow

Attachments

• Combat squadrons of the air force.pdf
    37.9 MB · Views: 406
Will hold off on posting more till you move it. So I know where you will want them. I have more that are simular documents.

Thank's

Micdrow

the materials you have posted come directly off a copyrighted book I own

WW 2 Combat Squadrons of the US Air Force. Maurer and Maurer from Smithmark Publishers 1992, ISBN # 0-8317-1801-4

hmmmmmmmmm ...........

so be it. wonder why they even put into a book form with a hefty charge..........so much for public domain back in the 90's those rats .............

well we know it is all true, you can pick up just about any and everything on the net

blue skies ahead

I actually paid something in the neighborhood of 33.95 for the book containing 841 pages, but it covers all the US squads far ranging. Still the listings are so breif they are barely even useable and printed off on black and white stock the hearldry is about worthless, should of at least had the squad emblems in color

E

After reading all the comments in the posting I went looking for the site I found the document. Here is where i downloaded it for free. Lots of other documents you can down load for free in PDF format. Amazing stuff here. Wish I could find a section that had the same for aircraft manuals. Aviation publications has the same manuals you posted here for free word for word. I bought a few of them. Books are below but am betting that they are like all military documents. You just need to know where to find them and can get them for alot cheaper

P-38 Pilots manual $9.95
B-25 Mitchell Pilots Manual $12.95
B-17 Pilots Manual $11.95
F4U Corsair Manual $9.95

Seems the publications company's are making money off stuff we can actually get for alot cheaper if not free just to make a profit because there is a demand for it.

Air Force Historical Research Agency

Below is the actual library.
AFHRA: Numbered USAF Historical Studies

At the link click on the numbers at top it takes you to the pages about the stuff that's free in pdf format with the microfilm number thats converted to pdf.

There's another web page out there that offers free declassified military documents but so far havent been able to find it again. Crashed computer a month or two ago and am still looking for websites that Ive lost. Luckly Im a big fan of backing things up on rewriteable CD roms.

Thanks for your time

Micdrow

Acutally aircraft manuals is what drew me to your web site. I have a few my self. Mainly on the Bf-109's that I have downloaded from other web sites. Some of the manuals I have are below either downloaded from internet or those books I have bought.

Fw-190A-5/A-6
Hawker Hurrican II. roughly 500 pages.
Spitfire V roughly 300 pages.
B-25 Pilots manual
P-38 Pilots manual
F4u corsair Pilots manual
B-17 Pilots manual
Spitfire IIA and IIB
Spitfire IX, XI IXI pilots notes
Bf-109G-3
Bf-109G-6-U4
Bf-109G-4
Bf-109C
Bf-109F parts manual
Bf-109E parts manual
Bf-109G parts manual

Doesnt include some of the engine manuals that I have of which most are ones I have down loaded at some point or another.

May have a few more not listed.

Micdrow

Micdrow said:
Acutally aircraft manuals is what drew me to your web site. I have a few my self. Mainly on the Bf-109's that I have downloaded from other web sites. Some of the manuals I have are below either downloaded from internet or those books I have bought.

Fw-190A-5/A-6
Hawker Hurrican II. roughly 500 pages.
Spitfire V roughly 300 pages.
B-25 Pilots manual
P-38 Pilots manual
F4u corsair Pilots manual
B-17 Pilots manual
Spitfire IIA and IIB
Spitfire IX, XI IXI pilots notes
Bf-109G-3
Bf-109G-6-U4
Bf-109G-4
Bf-109C
Bf-109F parts manual
Bf-109E parts manual
Bf-109G parts manual

Doesnt include some of the engine manuals that I have of which most are ones I have down loaded at some point or another.

May have a few more not listed.

Micdrow

My friend, if you don't mind sharing we'll welcome any contributions!!! In advance many thanks!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back