Deskpilot arrives.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

G'day all, greeting from South Australia.

Whilst searching for some info, I came across this site and decided to pop in and introduce myself. Originally from the UK were I served 15 years in the RAF and the rest of my working life in Quality Assurance. Been in Oz for 35 years now and loving it. The time served comprised 1 yr on Blackburn Beverley's at Abingdon (now closed) and then worked on E.E. Lightning's with 19 Sqdn at Leconfield, 74 Sqdn at Leuchas and 23 Sqdn at Coltishall. I was demobbed just as the first Jaguar planes arrived at Colt.

Sorry I don't have any photos of my time in the RAF as my first wife burnt the lot when we separated. Oh, tell a lie. Just remembered I have a couple but not real good. A B.o.B. day at Colt where I had the privilege off marshalling the Spitfires back in after a display.

Took up flying at 64 and, although I can't afford to fly often, I enjoy the freedom of the air as and when I can. Photo posted elsewhere.

Looking forward to a chat some time.

Cheers.

Welcome from England - did my Para course at Abingdon, although the Bevs had gone and Argosies were used by then.

Ah, the whistling, or was whispering Tit. Never really succeeded in replacing the Beverleys which was one of the unsung hero's of the day. Pity that there's only one left in the world. Bigger pity still it's left in the open and it's not air worthy.

PS, thank you all for your warm welcomes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back