Desperately Seeking Motivation. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Gadzooks, who'd a thunk. Have about a dozen models in various stages of abuse, spent the last month downloading over 400 books and magazines for reference, read all hobby sites on-line daily and haven't put glue to plastic in about 2 months. I will even go so far as to sit at my table and stare at the instructions. Summer and golf are calling so if any of you can offer some inspirational stories about how you got over my new found plastic phobia, it would be appreciated. (I work 6on/6off so time isn't an issue and have Tamiya to Hobbycraft so the ease and variety is there.)
:tomcat:

Last edited:
Lol...live north of Calgary. Think I have finishing issues. Have a Spitfire that just needs the canopy fitted.(Arii kit, broke the original.) 5 need paint, 2 need decals, and 3 need to be thrown against a wall.

start with the decals. That is easy to do for just a short time, just to get into the swing again. I often find that the "next step" is what will hold me up (starting to paint, canopy clean up/masking). I find it easier to do something if it is just able to be done without a lot of prep work.

I WAS wondering there for a minute Jan.:lol: Fubar, I am suffering from the lack of motivation also but I think mine stems from the fact I am building way to many 1 to 1 scale models. All I can tell you is get back at the table and do something. If that doesn't help you may be outta luck.

First of all, post a list of your unfinished kits, in the order of what to finish first. This would usually be in order of difficulty or ease to finish. This should keep you busy for a day or two! This may be just so we can see how far behind you really are. LOL

And one of two things will transpire..... you will become so depressed you will dismantle your work table, or you will bloody well get crackin!

But then just posting one easy one will make it obligatory to keep you goin..... See my VVS P-40 if you need proof. If I hadn't committed to the GB I would have chucked it just after I started.

Anyway, good luck mate! You got people here to keep your head above water. Bill

I'm kinda with fubar57 on this one. I'm trying to get the JU88 finished before the weather turns nice. Right now with all the storms/rain I'm working on a 1:1 model of the Ark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back