Deuce

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Migrant

Senior Airman
Aug 7, 2008
Calgary AB
Yes, I know it's a piece of armour on an aircraft forum but there is an airplane connection... Tamiya's 1/35 GMC 6x6 'Deuce' truck with a whole bunch of aftermarket in the back, depicting a late war souvenir collector :)

Deuce_02.jpg

Deuce_05.jpg

Deuce_06.jpg

Beautiful work as usual Mike. I've got one of those on the shelf and I plan on putting a dismantled L-4 in the back of it. I've got several pics of this, must have been a fairly common practice.

Hey...thats Bl**dy beautiful, curious though...where did the Bf109 rudder markings come from?

Thanks for your comments guys. Wayne, I made the decal myself and it's spurious, not representing any particular ace. Vic, the rudder came from a really old/inaccurate Revell 1/32 Bf109G; slightly out-of-scale but OK. All the other junk and captured German stuff in the truck bed came from various Tamiya/Italeri accessory packs, and there are a few resin items in there too. The .50 cal is a Legend resin item with brass-etch rounds.

Wayne, I made the decal myself and it's spurious, not representing any particular ace. Vic, the rudder came from a really old/inaccurate Revell 1/32 Bf109G; slightly out-of-scale but OK. All the other junk and captured German stuff in the truck bed came from various Tamiya/Italeri accessory packs, and there are a few resin items in there too. The .50 cal is a Legend resin item with brass-etch rounds.

Thanks Mike, had a thought it may have been, but new markings come to light all the time so always on the lookout....you did a real good job on them!:D

lovely build sir...now that's what i call "composition"...souvenirs galore and a cute puppy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back