eBay: Dewoitine D.520

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nr 51

Dewoitine D520_15.JPG

Last edited:
The shots of the D520s in Crete almost certainly are Vichy reinforcement for the Levant. these aircraft gave the allies flying mostly tomahawks and hurricane Is a hell of a time as those pilots were among the best in the world at the time.

About 300 or so D 520s were seized by the germans, mostly after they occupied the remainder of metropolitan France in November 1942. About 50 were passed to the Italians, some were used by the Rumanians, some also by the Bulgarians, the rest were used mostly for training by the LW though more than a few were sabotaged in subtle ways by the French.

The shots of the D520s in Crete almost certainly are Vichy reinforcement for the Levant. these aircraft gave the allies flying mostly tomahawks and hurricane Is a hell of a time as those pilots were among the best in the world at the time.

About 300 or so D 520s were seized by the germans, mostly after they occupied the remainder of metropolitan France in November 1942. About 50 were passed to the Italians, some were used by the Rumanians, some also by the Bulgarians, the rest were used mostly for training by the LW though more than a few were sabotaged in subtle ways by the French.

Do you have any proof that Rumanians used D.520s, please?

there are a couple of sites that say a small number were used by the Rumanians, but now that ive gone and checked again, it seems this is an error. Should have checked properly I guess. thanks for taking the time to point this out.

Start page - Denes

there are a couple of sites that say a small number were used by the Rumanians, but now that ive gone and checked again, it seems this is an error. Should have checked properly I guess. thanks for taking the time to point this out.

Start page - Denes
No problem, I was just curious. I saw this information too and also in magazines. It seems to be a myth, the same that D.520s were used on the Eastern Front...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back