Diaries of a German tank commander

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ClayO

Airman 1st Class
Aug 21, 2016
I just finished watching this YouTube on the diaries of a Nazi tank commander who took part in Barbarossa. It's in two parts:
Part 1 is about an hour and a half; it starts with the invasion of Poland and goes to the winter of 1941.
Part 2 is about an hour; it starts from the end of part 1 and covers the first part of the retreat from Moscow.
The video is all archival scenes, many of which I hadn't seen before, but the most interesting part to me is his change of attitude. He starts out proclaiming that Germany is the world's center of culture and civilization (as the soldiers shoot wounded prisoners and steal food from hungry peasants). He ends up writing that "Hitler used to be one of us, now he's one of them," meaning the "beer hall strategists" who order the soldiers to do impossible tasks while sitting in the warmth and comfort of Berlin.

It's kind of a time commitment, but it's worth the effort. I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of anybody else who watched it.

Well, i don't much about the history of place, known to us, as Germany...

If anyone knows anything from 10k - 2.5k BCE of area, I would be glad to learn.

But an Austrian guy, rejected from Art University, had stolen one of our thousands years old symbols and talked some shit! His lust for power, costed over 70 million lives...

And something else, not everyone speaks English, is an Englishman.

Refers to a single word, in your post.
I think you may be replying to the wrong post, as my post has nothing to do with English, or Englishmen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back