Dirk's 1/144 Crown B-17G "We're Going Down!"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dirkpitt289

Master Sergeant
Jul 16, 2009
South Plainfield New Jersey
After a very long time on the bench and many iterations of what I was going to do with this one I'm finally calling this one done.

IMG_4037_zpse818658d.jpg

IMG_4039_zpscd636932.jpg

IMG_4040_zps5f8da45e.jpg

IMG_4041_zpsd161a155.jpg

Looks interesting Dirk but it looks like to much red(red a weak flame?) to me atleast in the flame.The last two pics are the most convincing me thinks.;)

You can almost hear the screams from the crew as they know they're about to die.... Nicely done, Dirk.

Thanks for the kind words guys. The smoke and flame was created by using a product called great stuff. If you've ever used this stuff before you know its not easy to use. when squirted it spreads like locust. What I did was using an old 1 x 6 board as a table (don't use anything you would keep) I started a controlled squirt and dragged the can back till it trailed off. I then let it sit over night. Once dry they pop right off the board with little pressure. I made several trails so I had some to choose from and play with should I screw one up. Do yourself a favor. If you use this product DON'T get it on your hands. its a bitch to get off. Also usually this is a one shot deal. 9 out of 10 times the nozzle clogs and the can is garbage after that.

Great+Stuff.jpg

here were the test trails I made. I now have several in a shoe box in case I ever need any again. Once I found the one I liked I cut and carved it until it fit the way I wanted it. Then painted it.

IMG_3784_zpsa3fbc55e.jpg

IMG_3789_zpsd38e1799.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back