Do335

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thewritingwriter89

Airman 1st Class
Nov 5, 2008
In a small space capsule
The Do335 is a pig. Yes it's fast, but it's like flying a bomber with five too many forward-firing guns. Does anyone use it to good effect? Maybe I just don't have the "touch" :oops:

The Do335 is a pig. Yes it's fast, but it's like flying a bomber with five too many forward-firing guns. Does anyone use it to good effect? Maybe I just don't have the "touch" :oops:

Are you talking about Il2? Or CFS3? I fly it regularly in CFS3; it's not so great for going up against other fighters (it doesn't turn too well), but it's great for blowing bombers out of the sky. I haven't really used it as a bomber yet, I usually use the B-2 version, and plaster everthing with 30mm. It really chews up other fighters with the "extra" 30mm Mk 103's; a few hits usually is all it takes to destroy another fighter.

Are you talking about Il2? Or CFS3? I fly it regularly in CFS3; it's not so great for going up against other fighters (it doesn't turn too well), but it's great for blowing bombers out of the sky. I haven't really used it as a bomber yet, I usually use the B-2 version, and plaster everthing with 30mm. It really chews up other fighters with the "extra" 30mm Mk 103's; a few hits usually is all it takes to destroy another fighter.

Yes, Il2. Sorry, I didn't even think of specifying because that's all I've flown for about five years. I have no doubt it's great for downing bombers, but it turns like a tractor trailer-big and wide.

I tried to dogfight a couple of Jugs with it and they kept getting the advantage. The P 47s' were outrunning me also.

Well that probably about represents the truth about this plane. I posted a report by EKdo 335 here a while ago and they said it's maneouverability was about on par with the Me 410.

For bomber interception, i think it's okay, but Me 262 is much better.

Users who are viewing this thread