Does anyone else collect stuff? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lack of funds have curtailed my collecting abilities for the time being... ...as well as 1:18 and 1:43 model cars
Same here
most of my money was being channelled into my new house for the last two years, I didn't realise there was so much stuff I didn't have...

Aviation art prints from Robert Taylor, Richard Taylor (son of Robert), Gerald Coulson and Keith Woodcock, one from Jerry Crandall signed by Kozhedub.

Motor racing prints from father and son duo (again) Michael and Graham Turner (can't remember which one's the father), one a limited edition signed by Stirling Moss and also a collection of 1:18 cars, some of them unfeasibly expensive for what is effectively a toy car!

My kitchen is also be-decked with a collection of framed old food ads from early to mid last century. Can anyone (from the UK) remember when 5p was written 1/- ? Some from Belgium, France, the US and Italy too.

I have a collection of framed Newcastle United team photos ranging from 1890 till Keegan's first reign (some are team-signed cup-winning sides) up my first flight of stairs, along with larger photos of some of the individual players in limited edition.

House is largely done now, I can concentrate on the interesting stuff again...

I have a cabinet bursting at the seams with die cast and mahogany aircraft models and other memorabilia, some of it stuff from my cold war days. And I have my "hall of aviation" in the house with some of my framed photos and other's artwork.

I used to collect coins and still have a lot of old coins buried in a closet somewhere. I also collect old family photos from relatives.

Over 600 paper money bills dating back to the Civil War
Robert Taylor print signed by Erich Hartmann
Autographs by Chuck Yeager, Joseph Kittenger, Henry Ford
Misc militaria, iron crosses, badges, patches
Menus from the Andera Doria's maiden voyage
10,000 year old spear points
2 million year old megaladon teeth.
2000 year old Roman Pottery
Concert DVD's
Die Cast Dinky Toys
Mics guns, swords and knives

all in a sh!tty one bedroom apt!

When does a collector turn into a pack rat?????

I collect a wide variety of WW II stuff.

Aviation art (Taylor, Trudgian, Kodera, Ferris, Bailey, Krebs)
Original WW II era newspapers/headlines
Original WW II era ads
Uniforms
Field gear (helmets, ammo belts, suspenders, bandoliers, packs etc,)
A few edged weapons
And a bunch of misc. stuff (grenade, medals, documents, patches)
Looking to expand collection to include firearms

TO

I have a cabinet bursting at the seams with die cast .

I want to buy a die cast aircraft for my desk at work... seems like the best place to buy is Flying Mule?

I'm kidding myself if i think i can settle on just one though... I'm leaning towards a Dauntless, B25j or a corsair.

Is there a thread for diecast models?

Attachments

• BLACK TULIP.jpg
    BLACK TULIP.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 225
For diecast try diecastairplane.com and badcataviation.com between the 3 you have a good selection and varying prices and sales.

Thanks... it's money in the bank. i bought it in 1998 with a tax return. . kinda like having a signed print of Babe Ruth!.
Yep
missed out on Hartmann prints but I have Taylor's Swansong signed by Gunther Rall, also worth a tidy sum over what I paid for it. Not that I'm likely to sell it, superb print

Thanks... it's money in the bank. i bought it in 1998 with a tax return. . kinda like having a signed print of Babe Ruth!

That's for sure. Did the same thing a few years back, bought "Diamonds in the Sky", signed by Hartmann and Galland.

When someone (a non WWII enthusiast) asks who those guys are, I always use a baseball analogy as well.....Hartmann and Galland = Ruth and Gehrig.

TO

That's for sure. Did the same thing a few years back, bought "Diamonds in the Sky", signed by Hartmann and Galland.

When someone (a non WWII enthusiast) asks who those guys are, I always use a baseball analogy as well.....Hartmann and Galland = Ruth and Gehrig.

TO

Ha... me too. I start by asking them if they who was the "Greatest Ace of all times". Usually, they say "The Red Baron" . Then I say... "He was damn good and contrast that the top Yank ace of all times only shot down 40. Now compare both of those to the bad ass whose siggy i have hanging on the wall... 352 kills"

It's fun to watch their lights go on!

yeah Colin.. very nice.. I'd love to have a Gunther Rall depiction. someday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back