Does anyone know what the on/off states are for this magnetic indicator switch?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

pogotc

Airman
Jul 30, 2023
I'm trying to model this switch in 3D to go in a flight sim mod:

1727003504661.png

but I'm not sure if the horizontal white line means the battery is on or off?

I found this listing on eBay Aircraft Symbol Indicator 3 Position * C 5175Y MK7 * 5CZ/5518 * | eBay for what looks like the same kind of switch, my assumption is the horizontal line means the battery is on and when it flips to the diagonal lines that means the battery is off but I'd appreciate it if someone could confirm that?

On the eBay listing it says this switch has 3 states, does anyone know what the 3rd state would be here?

thanks!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The third state may have been for external boosting of the batteries via the ground plug, which would isolate the aeroplanes sensitive electrical equipment from the starting cart.

The third state may have been for external boosting of the batteries via the ground plug, which would isolate the aeroplanes sensitive electrical equipment from the starting cart.
Oh interesting, that certainly sounds plausible!

I think these switches may have been used on lots of different planes so I guess it's also possible the states were dependent on however the designers of a given plane thought best to use them?

In this case it's a Fairey Swordfish, but I haven't seen anything in the documents I have access to about exactly what this indicator did.

I think for my sim add on I'll just go with horizontal line means battery in and diagonal lines means battery off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back