Dogfight Elite, first educational combat flight simulator! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Amelia Earhart

Recruit
Apr 3, 2013
Hello everyone,

As we all enjoy flight simulators, I would like to share with you a project I saw in Kickstarter that looks amazing and different from what I know... is Dogfight Elite, a combat flight simulator set in World War i World War II. The company that is developing this awesome game is Echoboom Apps, the creators of Dogfight! Take a look and pledge :)
Dogfight Elite by Echoboom Apps — Kickstarter

Cheers!
Amelia

This game appears to have even fewer features than Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator from almost 15 years ago. The graphics appear to also be more primitive. The Xbox Kinect interface makes this appear to be comparable in complexity to the flight simulator from Wii Sports Resort that my son plays. There are already online games and squadrons for the MS Simulators.

Their "Historical" scenario appears to be rather amusing: 1:00 into Video.
Take off from a WW2 or post-war aircraft carrier (!) in a Great War biplane.
Bale out from the aeroplane and immediately fast forward about 30 years to drive a German Panther tank????

Their Fokker Eindecker viewed at 3:15 into the video also looks rather primitive compared to what is currently available even for MS CFS 1:
164421.jpg

How is this an improvement over what is already available?

- Ivan.

I'm thinking more like the 1970's when I remember kids (probably myself included) running around with their arms sticking straight out making airplane noises and pretending to fly....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back