**** DONE: 1/24 Cessna O-1E "Bird Dog" - Jet/Recon/Transport GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Took the masking off the wheels, trimmed around the cockpit (fore aft), and did some touch up with the Light Gray. This thing is still not dry enough for me to put decals on, so I'm going to just let it sit for a few more days. Will make the wing braces this afternoon, and get them sanded and painted.

BTW.... does anyone know what color the prop is suppose to be ? With yellow tips ??

Charles

Attachments

• DSCN0270.JPG
    DSCN0270.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN0271.JPG
    DSCN0271.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 52
Looks good Charles, but how come the paint is not drying, cold weather maybe and how did you go with the tail wheel!

I don't know, Vic. I mixed two half bottles of Light Ghost Gray and one half bottle of Light Gray, together. Both colours had been mixed 50/50 with thinner and sprayed this on. It was raining the day I painted, guess the humidity had something to do with it. The plane has been in the house (72F) for three days, and it is dry to the touch. Will probably do decals tomorrow (Sat.) As for the tail wheel, I need a 3/8" wheel and have not found one.

Painted the prop Gloss Black yesterday.

Charles

Charles, I have this small 3/8 inch plastic wheel if you want, I'll even paint it up for you if you like, just say the colours.

20130316-1a.jpg

Charles, I have this small 3/8 inch plastic wheel if you want, I'll even paint it up for you if you like, just say the colours.

Appreciate the offer, Vic, but I will keep looking. I hit the Dollar Stores, today, and will try the craft stores Sunday.

Worked on the Bird-dog, today. Got the decals on, wings on, the dihedral set and the wing struts on. Still have to paint the wing struts, but not today.

Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I had used the USAF decals instead of the U.S. Army. (The USAF decals were smaller).

Third pic down: this was the only way I could get the wings on straight !

Cheers...

Charles

Attachments

• DSCN0272.JPG
    DSCN0272.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN0273.JPG
    DSCN0273.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN0274.JPG
    DSCN0274.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN0276.JPG
    DSCN0276.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN0277.JPG
    DSCN0277.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN0278.JPG
    DSCN0278.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 63
If you haven't applied on them a clear coat so far you can soak them with a brush and a warm water. Do it at the decal edges and top surfaces.
As a last resort you can cover them with a paint

Users who are viewing this thread

Back