**** DONE: 1/32 Fw190A-8 - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
Username : Wayne Little
First name : Wayne
Category : Judge – Non competing
Scale : 1/32
Manufacturer / Model : Hasegawa Fw190A-8
Extras : Probably only Eduard Seatbelts and addition of W.Gr.21 Mortar Rockets under the wings.

The subject of this build will be one of the SchlangenSchwarm 'Snake marked' Fw190's of Jagdgruppe 10.

The aircraft was an AGO built Fw190A-8, W. Nr.733700, Black 6 flown by Unteroffizier Gunter Pape of 3/JGr.10 in the later part of 1944 and early 1945 before being killed in action flying an Fw190D-9 in April 1945. It is adorned with the colourful Snake marking along the length of the fuselage.

Jerry Crandall quotes that Uffz. Pape mentions in his diary that he flew Black 6 mounted with 2cm Mortars.

Last edited by a moderator:
An image of the subject in question...

Attachments

• Fw190A Fuselage Snake Black 6.jpg
    Fw190A Fuselage Snake Black 6.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 147
Great choice... man, that pilot looks so young. This will be a great reference for me as I will be building a 1/32 Hase Dora later!

Good one Wayne, and I was about to state exactly the same regarding the pilot - he looks like he should still be at school !
BTW, if you don't have any mortar tubes, I have a number spare, complete with separate Werfer granate and sway braces, if you need them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back