**** DONE: 1/32 Grumman Wildcat F4F-3 Early – Carrier Aircraft GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vaughan

Senior Airman
Oct 1, 2012
Norwich
Username: Vaughan
Name: Vaughan
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/32
Manufacturer: Trumpeter
Model Type: Grumman Wildcat F4F-3 Early
Aftermarket add ons: OOB (scratch built seat belts)

Hi all
This looks to be a nice kit and I picked it up at my local model shop for a bargain price of £29. As usual Trumpeter provide you with a well detailed radial engine with over 60 pieces. The office is well detailed too. There are no PE seat belts(which is a shame as they provide them for other kits) but PE hinges are provided for the all control surfaces. There is a choice of two colour schemes both with yellow wings and aluminium lacquered fuselage and underside I have not yet decided which one to go for. I have already made a start and will post some of my progress soon.
Vaughan

Attachments

• IMG_1753.jpg
    IMG_1753.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_2146.jpg
    IMG_2146.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 362
Last edited by a moderator:
Come on Terry, say it in stages, Wi-ld-c-at, You can do it!
(Terry's mother was frightened by a midget on rollerskates while carrying him,... at least that's my theory!)
Big fan of the "yellow wing" navy, looking forward to seeing this. Welcome to the build.
And, Grummans rule! Woo-hoo!

Last edited:
As promised here's my progress over the last few weeks. I made a start on the Trumpeters well detailed radial engine no problems here. Trumpeter as usual provide you with a clear engine cowling which would look stupid if left unpainted, so it will be sprayed in due course.
Vaughan

Attachments

• IMG_2147.jpg
    IMG_2147.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_2149.jpg
    IMG_2149.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_2152.jpg
    IMG_2152.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_2162.jpg
    IMG_2162.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_2163.jpg
    IMG_2163.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_2164.jpg
    IMG_2164.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_2179.jpg
    IMG_2179.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_2184.jpg
    IMG_2184.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_2190.jpg
    IMG_2190.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Thanks Guys
Here's the completed office which I sprayed in interior green and black followed up with a wash and some dry brushing. The scratch built shoulder straps have since been removed as I gather they were not fitted to the earlier versions. Next will be the undercarriage and the bulkhead.
Vaughan

Attachments

• IMG_2210.jpg
    IMG_2210.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_2226.jpg
    IMG_2226.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_2229.jpg
    IMG_2229.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_2230.jpg
    IMG_2230.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 278
G'day Vaughn, I noticed you signed up to the forum yesterday way after my bed time. So killing two birds with one stone, welcome to the mad house and the GB's, looks like your off to a great start, love what you have done so far.

Nice work - and quick too!
Thanks
A lot of the build I've done over the last couple of months so just trying to get everyone up to speed on this one. I didn't want to post loads of pictures all at once it would be too much so I thought I would post my progress in stages. The model isn't finished yet in fact I haven't been working on it for the last two weeks too many time constraints, but should get it finished before the deadline in November.
Vaughan

Thanks Vaughan. Normally, we judges will accept an entry if the model has been 'only just' started, if the entrant enquires first - a model that's almost finished might be a different story. This is of course to prevent any form of 'trickery', for want of a better word - not that we'd expect that of course, but it has been known in other places, where someone else's model has been entered into a similar 'contest', and won, without the entrant having anything to do with the model. Hence the need for full build coverage, photos etc.
But, no problem, as you have all the build sequence photos, and the model isn't near being finished yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back