**** DONE: 1/48 Arado Ar-196-A - Jet/Recon/Transport GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
Username, Meatloaf109
Name, Paul
Catagory, Intermediate
Scale, 1/48
Manufacturer, Italeri
Model type, Arado Ar-196-A
Aftermarket, The usual bits of wire, old jelly containers,...yadda...

In keeping with my current floatplane mania, I present the Arado Ar-196-A. This one will be finished as 1//Bordflieger.Gr196 on the Schlachtschiff Bismarck.

ar1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aparently a couple of them made their way to Japan, the French used several after the war also.

Ahoy Paul
another great sellection my friend, I can tell this is going to be a grand slam GB...................... I love the good year Blimp in the back ground I use to have oine of these in the late 1970,s it was battery opperated you can you can make your own signs it ligthted up like the real thing they are hard to find the best scource to find I amagin is good ole ebay... Well lets get this GB started alot of good stuff keeps poppin up[.

Boats

Fantastic kit and gret choice Paul :)

Riddle me this, does it have the awesome engine included like in the 1/32 version?

No, not really. the engine is done in two parts with the sparkplug wires molded on. A paint job and button it up.

If your going to do the Japanese Ar, I might have a look through my books to check if I have her :) in some photos :)

I also know theres a pretty cool Russian and Swedish and Finish AR-196 out there somewhere :D in case you want a diverse markings :)

The Japanese Ar-196 was actually a German unit using them to support vessels in and near Japan, she was heading back to Germany in 42 (what she was doing near Japan no idea) and they decided to keep her closer to Japan for support. They were previously stationed in Malaysia.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back