**** DONE: 1/48 Arado Ar 196A-5 - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mikewint

Captain
Feb 17, 2010
Lakeview, AR
Username: mikewin
First Name: Mike
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Italeri
Extras: None
OK, I'm hooked on this GB-stuff so me hat's in the ring
Did a lot of looking and this is the only German Seaplane I could find in my prefered scale. The box decals are for 4 versions, two German, a Japanese version and a French. I'll be making one of the two German versions either a version stationed in Crete or one of Bismarks versions.

Attachments

• IMG_0973R.jpg
    IMG_0973R.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 206
Last edited by a moderator:
Wojtek, sorry about that, now that you mentioned it I do recall that. I'll get the hang of this by the 10th or 15th GB.
This is one of those "No written instructions" kits so extry special fun. All WWII German planes I'm familiar with had the Swastika on the tail. Was this model censored by Italeri?

Attachments

• IMG_0975R.jpg
    IMG_0975R.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 198
Good pick Mike. Many kits form Europe have missing swastikas. I have some extra ones if you need a couple but would need to check if they are the correct type..

Well, have not been exactly sitting on my thumbs but with the weather finally turned to summer, outside work on the dock, boats, and yard has increased quite a bit and school is still in session plus family "visits", always a joy.
In any case: interior cockpit is done except for side wall installation, now due to the "bad" influence of Wayne, Terry, Vic, Glenn, Geo, and others, I've started doing all that "stuff" that no one will ever see, like instrument faces, knobs, paint chipping wear on floor and foot pedals. And started to consider the "correct" RLM interior color which was a toss-up between RLM 02 and/or RLM 66. I had the 66 already but had to get the 02 which was the color called for in the instructions.

Attachments

• IMG_0989.JPG
    IMG_0989.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0990.JPG
    IMG_0990.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0992.JPG
    IMG_0992.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0993.JPG
    IMG_0993.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 184
that interior looks great, I always think I have to get my hands on this plane but I always end decant I guess other models finally someday I'll do with it.

Wayne, that is indeed high praise coming from all of you...so far:D
Wait until you see the small block Chevy engine that I am whittling out of stretched spru and old credit cards:D:D:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back