**** DONE: 1/48 Bell YP-59 Aircomet - Jet/Recon/Transport GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Put on the black walkway along with more weathering, this time with a wash of black thinned heavily with mineral spirits applied selectively. Pretty much finished the top side and started the underside doing the engines. I'm really having fun with this beast!

P5039637.JPG
P5039639.JPG

Last edited:
Future gloss coats last night and today and the decals tonight. The kit decals stars and bars for the wings looked way too big for the aircraft in the color picture I'm depicting so I replaced all of then from a red outline set I had. The picture shows that the real thing had the red outline ones that had been over-painted, so I can leave them as is, or over paint them badly so it looks like the paint is coming off like in the picture. Both sets of decals went on very nicely and I was done with the whole thing in well under an hour.

P5049643.JPG

Last edited:
Work on the landing gear parts. The wheels are True Details resin. The nose wheel had too much side bulge so I filed it down to a more reasonable look

P5079652.JPG

Last edited:
Getting close to those final stages Glenn.
Yea, thats when everything seems to take twice as long to do as you thought it would. :lol:

Very nice Glenn! True details wheels are notorious for that, tires should be bulged, not flat!
Never saw one this bad though, it didn't even look right for a flat tire. No problem though, 30 seconds with a file and it was all good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back