**** DONE: 1/48 Bf-110 G-4 - Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking good Jeff.
From memory, I had to do some 'jiggling about' to get the 'schrage musik' cannons to fit through the holes in the rear canopy section - might be worthwhile doing some test fitting before gluing the clear parts.

Looking good Jeff.
From memory, I had to do some 'jiggling about' to get the 'schrage musik' cannons to fit through the holes in the rear canopy section - might be worthwhile doing some test fitting before gluing the clear parts.

So I took another look at my sheet that shows drawings of my bird of choice and I noticed that my choice does not fly with the schrage musik installed but has a twin mg mounted firing rewards. Problem solved as it means a separate canopy and no jiggling about.

IMG_0006.JPG

Now on to a more serious note.

The paint guide for my kit is pretty , well for lack of a better word, lousy.

It calls for an exterior finish of greyish blue, mouse grey and light blue. Well, I don;t know too much about Luftwaffe finishes but I am pretty sure those colours don't appear anywhere in any Luftwaffe literature.

I prefer using Tamiya acrylic paints and was looking for some assistance with proper colours to use. Any help will be much appreciated.

Here is where I am at as of now. The business end has been glued into place. No sanding yet and a small amount of putty will be required along the bottom side.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

I'm guessing it would be RLM 74 and 75 on the top sides, and RLM 76 on the fuselage sides and undersides, but I don't know the Tamiya numbers for these.
No doubt someone will chip in though.
And good catch on the cannons - saves a bit of b*gg*ring about !

The instruction sheet does show that combination - 74/75/76 as called up in the legend. Having said that, let me check on some references and I'll get back shortly on Tamiya mixes (yes you will need to mix colours to get these).

Ok Jeff, I couldn't find any pics or references of your particular rig anywhere and can only assume that Revell have based the scheme on good data. Here is what I have on Tamiya mixes:

RLM 76 (the light blue/grey on bottom and sides) - 2:XF23 + 1:XF19 + 2:XF2

RLM 75 - I only have limited experience and was not happy with this recommended mix from an IPMS site - 3:XF2 + 4:XF24 + 2:XF9. I have not yet come up with a mix I like but I think the XF9 is the culprit. Much less of that. Hopefully someone has a better mix.

RLM 74 - 3:XF2 + 6:XF24 + 4:XF27

Good Luck.

You guys are the best. A trip to the hobby shop is in my future.

Andy......good eyes there buddy. I just looked at the labelling by the aircraft and then at the paint guide sheet on another page to check the colours.

Many thanks to both you and Wayne.

Jeff

Super subject. Got this one in the stash too. (older Revell boxing)
If all pans out and I have more time on my hands in a not too distand future, I might get started on the G-4 as well.(perhaps, might be in time to join this group build...Though still not sure)
But until then, I'm gonna enjoy your build!

Good afternoon one and all. Been plucking away on the tail assembly of this bird and have a question. There are three lights on the tail portion of the fuselage. Assuming I am standing behind the aircraft and looking at it what colour are the lights as I look at them from left to right. ( port-center-starboard)

Thanks.

Jeff

Spent some time yesterday afternoon working on the tail assembly for the 110.

First order of the day was to mix my RLM 74, 75 and 76 paints. Thanks again to those who provided the recipes. I have mixed lots and have put the mixture instructions in a safe place. I hope I got them right. In hind sight I should have checked with you guys as to colour accuracy as I have finished the assembly including decals and a coat of Future. I was surprised at the subtle differences.

Anyhow....progress pics.

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back