*** DONE 1/48 BP Defiant NF Mk.II - Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
Username: destrozas
First name: Sergio
Category: intermeadilly
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Classic Airframes #95 404
Model Type: Boulton Paul defiant NF MK II
accesory: It included in the kit a few photo-etched and cockpit resins and master model browning m2 0.303"

art box

IMG_4207_zpsbunwlb1l.jpg

and this profile

9_5_b3.jpg

Last edited:
I have looked at this kit many times on e bay and often wondered about it. I will keep a sharp eye on this build and am most interested in what you think about it. Great choice for the uild.

Cheers,

Jeff

Ah... the Defiant appears! I always thought this was an interesting looking aircraft with that big ball turret. Looking forward to seeing the Classic Airframes molding. Isn't Airfix due to release a 1/48 version?

Good choice Sergio.
Yes John, the Airfix 1/48th scale kit is due in February, and it looks to be a superb kit - I'll be adding one to my 'BoB - Hardest Days' collection. It'll be interesting to see how its release affects the sales of the CA kit on e-bay - they've been going for really silly prices (hence me not getting one !), an indication of how neglected the type has been.

thanks fellas.

one question I've been looking at images of the cockpit but I have seen that there are three different forms of painted, my question is:
Is the inside of the cockpit was full black or Interior gray green?

Sergio, in the Mushroom Modelling magazine, it shows interior green, I.P. is black as is the throttle quadrant and various boxes on the sidewalls. The gunners position is interior green and the seat is black. The photos appear to be of an aircraft in a museum. If you need some detail photos, PM your email and I'll send what you need.

Geo

Thanks to all fellas

as it is impossible to solve the deformation of the barrels of the guns I've searched to find them and change them so soon put pictures of the cockpit painted

this is as I left for the moment still have to paint and do something more than wearing effect panels.

IMG_5083_zps9mck6izt.jpg

IMG_5082_zpsgoy6rmva.jpg

IMG_5081_zpsbnifjyvu.gif

IMG_5080_zpsz1irximl.gif

IMG_5079_zpsfhl2odkg.jpg

This is the turret, in the absence of placing guns

IMG_5085_zpsyozggjra.jpg

IMG_5084_zpst7cogaeb.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back