**** DONE: 1/48 F7F-2/2n TIGERCAT - Carrier Aircraft GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woody

Master Sergeant
Jan 17, 2011
IL.
name:Jerry
category:intermediate
kit:AMT
scale:1/48
accessories:none

Tigercat (BuNo 80323) from VF(N)-52 as seen during carrier qualifications on Apirl 8 1945 aboard the U.S.S Antietam.

001-34.jpg

003-25.jpg

005-11.jpg

as you can see there is alot of flashing.

002-33.jpg

006-9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice choice Jerry. I have a question. In the -3 edition of this kit, the props were molded with the blades reversed (i.e. you would have to move the prop boss from one side to the other to get the shape of the blades correct). Is it the same for the -2?

Nice choice Jerry. I have a question. In the -3 edition of this kit, the props were molded with the blades reversed (i.e. you would have to move the prop boss from one side to the other to get the shape of the blades correct). Is it the same for the -2?[/QUOT

The props seem to be correct.

I didn't know these things had a tail hook!!!!!!!
They are beauties.

*I did a bit of sign painting on one of these as well, for John Crocker.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, the kit seems good there is alot of flashing nothing that wont clean up, the cockpit lacks some detail. I aint had much luck finding any real good cockpit pictures so if anybody does i would love to see them and as for the landing gear bays what is the correct color thanks.

oh by the way i have access to two more of the tigercat night fighters F7F-3n.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back