**** DONE: 1/48 Gloster Meteor F.1 616 Sqdn - Jet/Recon/Transport GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
Gloster Meteor F.1 616 Sqdn GB #17 Jet age / Recon / Transport

Username: rochie
First name: Karl
Category: intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Kit : Tamiya
Extras : none

thought i'd start my thread up for this one

Picture 013.jpg

Last edited:
Does the kit need a lot of putty? I've seen these fly off the shelves of my LHS :D and I always wondered why, the price for one here is pretty high :S

Hells Bells, that's a meteoric build so far old chap!
Yep, it's a nice kit (got the F3 version) and another one which has seen dramatic price increases over the last few years - I think mine was around £17.50 new.

Yep, I've got the F3, which is basically the same kit with a slightly different canopy! Pity they didn't make the original kit an F1/F3, and a separate kit for the F4, with the different engine nacelles and wings.

Good on you Karl, as you say a nice and easy kit to put together. I'm looking at having one of the engines exposed and as you can see, spiffing up the cockpit a tad.

:shock: WOW! That's gone together quick Karl. I have the same kit in my stash and read a review about it. It seems Tamiya put F.3 wings on it in the early releases, but it was corrected later. I'll have to take a look at mine to see which wing I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back