**** DONE: 1/48 Gloster Meteor F.3 - Jet/Recon/Transport GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As far as I know Vic, yes, it's an empty shell case ejector chute. I've checked the other shots, of the Meteor F8 cockpit section, and there's a similar arrangement, although with twin chutes of s different size and shape.

BTW, included in the cockpit shots are some areas which probably won't be in the 'walkaround' you have, which show the canopy edges, behind the set, the top of the instrument coaming and gun sight and the area under the windscreen, and a near vertical shot down onto the port side cockpit consoles.

Now you have me intrigued Terry, can you email them to me.

Made a bit more progress today working on the detail. As is usual with these kits the gun sight reflector is usually far to thick, so I scaled it down a bit.

20130203-1b.jpg

20130203-1c.jpg

Also tarted up the instrument panel a tad.

20130203-1d.jpg

Last edited:
nice job Vic.

i believe the Meteor had long empty shell ejector chutes as there were problems with the cannons jamming in the MKI and it was found to be the slipstream entering the chutes and not allowing the empty cases to eject, jamming the guns !

Thanks guys and Karl, I'll have to see what I can conjure up for them chutes as the kit has not obliged.

Last edited:
Good work there Vic. Are those the kit instrument decals, or after-market stuff? (I haven't looked closely ay my kit yet, even though I've had it about two years!)
I'll sort out the cockpit and other detail shots and e-mail them to you Vic.

The panel is an aftermarket Eduard's PE Terry, they give you two panel build options but I chose to go a third by taking a bit from each.

Thanks in advance for the pics.

Just a little update folks.

Engines finished and ready for installing, this will be after the machine has been sprayed.

20130205-1a.jpg

I've also finished the cockpit today which has been test fitted and again will go in later, I must forget that little bit of extra weight though.

20130205-1b.jpg

20130205-1e.jpg

20130205-1f.jpg

20130205-1g.jpg

20130205-1h.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back