**** DONE: 1/48 Gloster Meteor F.3 - Jet/Recon/Transport GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for looking in folks and here they are, just a couple of pics to tempt your pallet. I did manage to lose the reflector somewhere along the line, but no worries, well just make another one………….later.

20130218-1a.jpg

20130218-1b.jpg

20130218-1c.jpg

20130218-1d.jpg

Now to get down to sort out the panelling and detailing.

Looks great Vic, but tell me. Do you free hand your camo, or use tape or bubble gum, or such ?

Charles

I cut out the camo shapes from an enlarged copy of the kit plan, though in this case they actually provided one. The I stick them down with Blu Tack sausages backed up with masking tape to fill holes or paper overlap. Then spraying is done at a slight angle from the paper side before moving to a right angle spray. That's the theory anyway.

Thanks for that folks, your comments are very much appreciated, I just love'em……

Pushed on a bit today though not without the odd hik'-up or two. Actually started to scribble out a list of things to do today but the mind suddenly when blank.

Almost made a big Boo-Boo, realising as I was sorting out to do decals that these first UK jets were still in the WWII camouflage which means a yellow leading edge on the outer wings. I checked references and 'Oh my' nearly missed that one. Being yellow and having recently seen so real good colouring by Charles, Glenn and Bill, I just had to do the white backing before the yellow. Actually I did a cream first to blot out the camo markings, then white and then yellow.

20130220-1a.jpg

20130220-1b.jpg

20130220-1c.jpg

That done I fixed in the engines and jet pipes and started to decal.

20130220-1d.jpg

I got this far and realised that I should do my nave lights first, so it was down decal tolls and sort out some nave light material.

20130220-1e.jpg

20130220-1f.jpg

20130220-1g.jpg

Will clean this back and polish it tomorrow along with the port light which I have yet to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back