**** DONE: 1/48 He-51 b-2 floatplane – From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
Username, Meatloaf109
Name, Paul
Catagory, Intermediate
Scale, 1/48
Manufacturer, Classic Airframes
Model Type, Heinkel He-51 b-2
Aftermarket, Jes' some wires.

Designed by the Gunter brothers, the He-51 was a beautiful aircraft. So naturally some Naval-type said,"Hey lets stick some floats on it." And they did.
The result was an even more elegant looking aircraft. (To my eye, anyways. I am on a floatplane kick.)
It hit the scene in 1936 and was used by Kustenjagdgruppe 136 until the fall of 1938 when they recieved Bf-109's without floats, and became II/JG 333.
I am a glutton for punishment, I have both of my other entries ready for paint, but it has been too wet here lately to airbrush, so I am going to start on this one. (And I want to.)

he511.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got to admit to liking these experimental inter war aircraft, usually built on a gut feeling and a lot of hope. Nice choice Paul.

Very nice choice, Paul. You know me, I'm a floatplane nut, so I'll be watching. Good luck with this one...

You kinda hid the box art, hoz about showing us what the finished job looks like ?

Charles

Last edited:
Very nice choice, Paul. You know me, I'm a floatplane nut, so I'll be watching. Good luck with this one...

You kinda hid the box art, hoz about showing us what the finished job looks like ?

Charles
Thank you, I will post one in the morning. There is a very nice color artist rendering included that I will picture also.

Last edited:
I'm gonna like this one I think. Great pick.

That plastic looks pretty thick.

EDIT: Just realized that rhymes. I'm a poet and didn't know it.
The plastic is thick, it is true,
at first, that made me quite blue.
I then had a thought,
to Dremel alot.
And liberal use of the glue.

As promised, shots of the box and color plate.
The instrument panel with the flim dials. These were clear so I painted the backs white. There is some nice PE in this kit.

he513.jpg

he514.jpg

he515.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back