**** DONE: 1/48 HH-60H HS-4 - Home Country Modern Aircraft / Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice job Sir. I have the SH-60B(#2620) Italeri kit in my stash so I'll be watching this one. Want to tackle mine soon. Nothing as great as you are doing but will keep an eye on the fit of kit parts.

Geo

Very nice job Sir. I have the SH-60B(#2620) Italeri kit in my stash so I'll be watching this one. Want to tackle mine soon. Nothing as great as you are doing but will keep an eye on the fit of kit parts. Geo

Never say never. You just tackle one thing at a time, Without looking at the whole. As far as the fit goes, be prepared to be exasperated! Have a file handy, some thin styrene for gap filling. This one has my head spinning. How difficult could it be to do Real panel lines, in their Real locations.

I will be building the same B model as it is the Anti-Submarine Warfare unit with the sonar gear inside, as well as all the rockets and torpedo. The exterior does not have the anti-heat shields on the exhaust.

Been working on exterior stuff today. Wings, shields, fairings and things, along with the rotors.

Some pics of the seats and rotors. Progress photos. I've done a bit more, but nothing to shout about, fiddley bits.
The side wings the landing gear is attache to? Not even close to the actual slant of the front "step/housing". Engine front nacels? Geeeez!

Attachments

• HH-60H 8a pilots seats.jpg
    HH-60H 8a pilots seats.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 89
  • HH-60H 8b pilots seats.jpg
    HH-60H 8b pilots seats.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 104
  • HH-60H 8c pilots seats.jpg
    HH-60H 8c pilots seats.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 92
  • HH-60H 8d pilots seats.jpg
    HH-60H 8d pilots seats.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 95
  • HH-60H 10 rotor PE parts.jpg
    HH-60H 10 rotor PE parts.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 94
The dogs dangly bits????? what the? :)

I am having a bugger of a time with the landing gear. Seems the box under the doors, the forward gear support, is all out of whack. The bottom of the box should be flush with the bottom of the fuselage, and it's not. I'm having to add to the box. Instead of the locating pin on the box, I am putting a pin in the fuselage and a hole on the box to pivot on. This way I can shape the box to fit the contour without having a locating pin in the way. Pictures of the process when it's complete. But it is a task not to experience.

Thanks for the kudos guys.

The HH-60H photo shows the bottom side of the box and it's fit to the fuselage that needs correcting.

So the locating pin in the box was where the hole is now. I filled the end of the box with a filed to shape styrene rod, then drilled the hole for a styrene pin. After making the pin I glued it into the hole in the fuselage. So the bottom edge of the box would be flush with the bottom, I glued a strip of styrene to align the piece. I will cut it off and sand the glued area smooth when done. You can see the gaps, and the amount of misalignment in the box that will need filling. But now I can add and file and check without a pin in the way on the box.

I sure am glad I'm doing just one for this GB!!!!!!
I sailor on with my head spinning. Why am I going to such lengths? I ask.
Cuz I am mad.

Attachments

• HH-60H 11a landing gear.jpg
    HH-60H 11a landing gear.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 72
  • HH-60H 11b landing gear.jpg
    HH-60H 11b landing gear.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 85
  • HH-60H 11c landing gear.jpg
    HH-60H 11c landing gear.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 89
  • HH-60H 11d landing gear.jpg