**** DONE: 1/48 Ju-87B-2 - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
Username, Meatloaf109.
Name, Paul.
Catagory, Intermediate.
Scale, 1/48.
Manufacturer, Italeri.
Model type, Junkers Ju-87B-2.
Aftermarket, Well, there is a lot of stuff in this kit, but I might find a couple of extra wires and plastic stuff off the desk to add. You know, 'cause I can.

This was a problem for me to choose between a 1/72 B-24, and a 1/48 B-24, and a 1/48 P-47, and this one. I figured that there were enough 4 engined entries so it was down to the P-47 or the Stuka. I have had a love/hate relationship with the Junkers Ju-87. There is a family history here that is best left to previous posts. So I fliped a coin, and the Ju-87 won.
I have always wanted to model the "Scotty Dog" Stuka and now I have the chance.

ju1.jpg

ju2.jpg

ju3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great one Paul. I love the look of the earlier Stuka's. We have one hanging in a museum here in Chicago that was shot down in North Africa. I took pictures of it and posted them along with pics of a Spitfire I shortly after I joined the Forum. Might be of some help to you.
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/warbird-displays/spitfire-mk-i-stuka-chicagos-museum-science-industry-24059.html
Thanks, Glenn. I remember it from when I saw the U-505, back when that was still outside!

Thanks, every picture is welcomed!
I looked up the basic profile of this, what I assume to be, late B-2, and I have a basic RLM 66 cockpit layout, with a standard 70,71,65 splinter camo.
If you have any other info, it would be appreciated!

Thanks, every picture is welcomed!
I looked up the basic profile of this, what I assume to be, late B-2, and I have a basic RLM 66 cockpit layout, with a standard 70,71,65 splinter camo.
If you have any other info, it would be appreciated!

Not a problem Paul, maybe this will help. A manual for the Ju-87B-2 :)

Attachments

• Ju-87B2.pdf
    19.1 MB · Views: 216
Hi Paul,

Just throwing out some B stuff that may interest you. Though not your Scottish dog I thought it interesting on ski's for a B model. Interesting to note that some used it as a fighter as the caption on one picture talks about.

All the best
Paul

Attachments

• bomb.jpg
    bomb.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 245
  • ski.jpg
    ski.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 271
  • dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 252
  • Cockpit.jpg
    Cockpit.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 290
  • pilot.jpg
    pilot.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 251
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 253
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 254
  • bomb.jpg
    bomb.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 257
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 258
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 262
  • seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Couple more of interest Paul.

Enjoy!!!

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 276
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 203
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
:thumbright: Paul.

But please notice that the Ju-87 in France is the B-1 variant while these in the pic below are of the B-2 type.

:thumbright: Paul.

But please notice that the Ju-87 in France is the B-1 variant while these in the pic below are of the B-2 type.

Whoops, nice catch Wojtek, Yeah been harder to find pictures of this unit a lot of them are in later models.

And thanks
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back