**** DONE: 1/48 Junkers Ju 52/3M - Jet/Recon/Transport GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vic Balshaw

Major General
Jul 20, 2009
Canberra
Username: Vic Balshaw
First name: Vic
Category: Judge – Non competing
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Pro Modeller Kit – 85-5944

Extras: Eduard 48286 etched detail set. Aires 4078 Resin and etched detail set. Possibly a heap of scratch building and a lot of patience.

Extras Edit: CMK 4034 Ju 52/3m g4 Interior Set CMK 4044 Ju 52/3m g4 Engine Set.

For my second entry into this GB I thought something big especially after all that delicate rigging of the last GB, so what better than a rugged looking Ju 52. Not sure what I'm going to do with this one at the moment, the decals I have are for the Spanish Nationalist Grupo de Bombardeo Nocturno which for this GB is out of the question, this leaves me with the second option of 2./KGzb V1 Milos, Greece, 1941, which I am assuming was used in the paratroopers invasion of Crete on the 20 May 1941.

As yet I've not opened the packets and have had only fleetingly looked at the instructions, but first thoughts turn to making this a bit of a fun build as the inside is full of minute detail and with it's size, one is thinking of a few real lights. Taking a lesson from my Catalina build in GB 8 a couple of years back, if using internal lighting, this time I need to make sure that what is being lit up, is also able to be seen. So my thoughts are turning towards possibly opening up areas on the external skin so that the internal detail can be better seen.

I'm going to ponder these thought for a while as I concentrate on the initial Meteor build. So folks, for the moment I'm leaving all options open and will decide when the time come in which direction to jump.

Oh, and yes, I am open to constructive suggestions with this one, providing they fit into the criteria of the GB.

20120129-1a.jpg

20120129-1b.jpg

20120129-1c.jpg

20120129-1d.jpg

20120129-1e.jpg

20120129-1f.jpg

20120129-1g.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of those big devils sitting on my shelf right now. The great thing about the engineering of this model is that the top of the passenger cabin can be made to lift off easily. Also, in the military version, there is a large cargo door on the right side. The old "Wings of the Luftwaffe" series on this one shows this to great effect. I recomend watching it several times during the build.

Ahoy Vic
Very very nice sellection another Tante Ju A great kit you will enjoy this one parts go together very well without any fuss and the best feature of all the interier is viewed from removing the top section of the fuselage and you dont have to worry about any filler you will like that a excellent kit indeed.

Boats

Oh Terry, please, PLEASE……………………am desperate for some more detail. Am also waiting on a book that may which I hope will have some good stuff in it.

I found some great 'pit picts on google, when I did mine. There's one on a pole in Germany (done up as Goering's transport) that has the original colors and equiptment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back