**** DONE: 1/48 Macchi C.200 - Mediterranean Theater of Operations (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
User Name: fubar57
Name: George
Category: Advanced
Kit: Italeri
Accessories: None

OK....I went with option D....

gb24.jpg

gb24.JPG

The challenge here will be to break up the monotony of black.

Geo

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice choice! The color scheme should really highlight the elegant lines on this aircraft.

Thanks John, I hope I can pull it off. Did some main coloring to the cockpit and engine, nothing worth showing yet. Off to camp tomorrow but I want to run this by you guys before I go...

Capture.JPG
010.JPG
012.JPG

...close enough or do I need something different>

Geo

Good start George. Can't offer much on breaking up the monotony of the black except to say the following: don't use pure black for the base coat, rather lighten it a bit with white, maybe darken panel lines with a darker tone and use a slightly lighter tone on some selected panels or highlights. Subtle differences will be key.

Thanks for that info Andy. I've got five different shades of black; Black, Rubber Black, Nato Black, RLM66 and RLM66½. So now, I finally have some progress shots...

001a.jpg
001.JPG

002a.jpg
002.JPG

006a.jpg
006.JPG

...just waiting for the final coat to dry on the P.E. I.P. and then I can bolt the fuselage halves together

Geo

Seat is attached, waiting for the glue to dry and then paint the top seat attachment and anchor the chains. There are five shades here but I may leave out the first one, too grey. The second is enamel so it's still wet.

003.JPG
005.JPG

Geo

Thanks guys. Easy so far Vic. The next two steps required my still lacking third arm. The cockpit tub consists of four pieces that I joined at the same time. I did this with the four piece wheel well spar also. Probably an easier way to do the tub but I wanted to make sure it wasn't going to interfere with the fuselage fit.

006.JPG
007.JPG

One thing that occurred to me on this build and I've probably done this with 99% of my builds; I only work one step at a time. I don't skip steps nor do I paint common colors that are steps ahead, always doing that when the time comes. Probably adds hours to the build.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back