**** DONE: 1/48 Martlet Mk V, HMS Fencer - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

brucejscott

Staff Sergeant
May 8, 2011
Williamsport, Pa
Username - brucejscott
First Name - Bruce
Category - Intermediate
Scale - 1/48
Manufacturer - Hobby Boss
Model Type - FM-1 Wildcat
Aftermarket Parts - None
Decals - Ministry of Small Aircraft Productions Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat #4834

This should come as no surprise, my favorite plane ( WW II era ) really is the Wildcat. Ugly it may be (beauty being in the eye of the beholder), it is one of the few aircraft that can boast the distinction of being in production and service on the first and last day of the war. Photos are not going to be forthcoming for at least ten days as my camera is with my kid and they are both winging their way to Austria for a ski trip. I will do my best to describe the progress in the interim.

100_1029_640x480.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all. Good to see you are coming around Terry. I plan on doing an Operation Torch machine next.

Started by priming the cockpit pieces with Testors from a rattle can. I'm going to brush paint the cockpit as I just can't justify dragging out the airbrush for something so small. Would love to show some pictures but that will have to wait.

Martlet? Oh, I see, it's a WILDCAT in Limey markings! Cool!

Yes. If I put a British spin and name on it, maybe Terry can stomach it better. Anything to help with his therapy. If he can kick this dreadful aversion, he will realize what true beauty he has been missing. He may even build one himself.

There are more than one anti-Wildcat voice in the forum. not me, i think they were a game changer. But some of the non-modellers have questioned the preformance advanatages often claimed for the Wildcat over other contemporaies like the Fulmar and Sea Hurri...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back