**** DONE: 1/48 Mosquito Mk IV - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
FB Mk VI 143 Squadron RS625/NE-D

username:Javlin
name:Kevin
category:advanced
model:Mosquito Mk IV
kit:Tamiya
scale:1/48
accessories:basically OOB

This kit has been in the stash for years just waiting to be built.The last time I did some Mossies they were all 1/72(3) at one time and I got alittle burned out but it is still one of my favorites along with the Spit and the Stang.I started a couple nights ago spraying things down and letting it dry and have been doing some of the details tonight so thought it was time to post.The scheme I am going to be doing is very common and we have all seen it of the Grey with yellow outlined black letter codes but it is snappy!I have another Mossie from Revell about 50% done that might get its final touches possibily also?Like Glenn mentioned about his T-Bolt from Tamy I can see already this guy is going to fit without problems already.Pics......

Initial Photo
GB13002-1.jpg

Some painting I think the tanks are a bit to brown I think I saw a pic somewhere Red/Brown?
GB13003-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good choice Kevin and interesting build particularly as I've recently read an article on a guy in New Zealand who is building his own 1:1 machine from scratch.

I have been assembling the pit alittle more and adding color but by gawd the radio according to Tamiya looks like a damn gumball machine when I got finished.So I went back and looked at Phil's 1/24 Moss over at LSP and his has the black/white frequency band area but also totally different in design and shape??:dontknow:

The gumball machine behind the seat

GB13008-1.jpg

GB13006-1.jpg

The IP is not glued yet and I am not but 50% satisfied here on that piece either so much for OOB might be going out the window?

GB13007-1.jpg

PhilB seat/box from LSP now this is a TR33 also....

Attachments

• phils (600 x 450).jpg
    phils (600 x 450).jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back