**** DONE: 1/48 P-47D Thunderbolt "Razorback" - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aaron Brooks Wolters

Brigadier General
Jul 28, 2007
Abingdon, VA.
Username: Aaron Brooks Wolters
Name: Brooks
Category: Intermediate?
Kit: Tamiya Republic P-47D Thunderbolt "Razorback"
Scale: 1/48
Accessories: None

This aircraft has been my favorite ever since I read the book Thunderbolt by Martin Caidin when I was in the fifth grade. 2,000 horsepower, eight 50 caliber Browning machine guns, and the ruggedness of tank. What can I say?

Attachments

• IMG_5027 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_5027 resized 20.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 968
  • IMG_5028 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_5028 resized 20.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 810
  • IMG_5029 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_5029 resized 20.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 259
Last edited by a moderator:
Giving me some competition, huh Aaron :lol: That's a magnificent kit, I think you're going to thoroughly enjoy putting it together. What markings are you going to do it in, or haven't you decided yet?

Lookin' forward to this...

Word of caution... Martin Caidin has been known to streeeeeeeech the truth a bit...

Charles

That is one big selection of parts Brooks old chap, sure going to enjoy your sorting them out.

Well, all of the cockpit pieces are covered in paint and decals. I lost the seat belts to bumbling fingers, spent 20 minutes trying to untangle them to no avail so it will do without. I will assemble it tomorrow evening when all is dry. Photos soon afterwards. This thing has three different gunsights and props. But hey, it's going together.

I put the seatbelt decal on wine bottle foil then cut it out, but I'm not really happy with it. That's why I haven't done anything lately with the razorback. I just have to decide to rip them off and start over. Your better off without the decal belts Aaron.

Terry, I gave the paper and foil a try. I or the belts fared very well. I'll just go with out this time and maybe next time I order a set. Say....for the Spit GB. I have a Mk XVIe from Italeri. I will probably order a set or six off line. In the mean time, here are the shots I promised.
IMG_5032 P-47D cockpit resized 20.jpg
IMG_5034 resized 20.jpg
IMG_5030 P-47D cockpit resized 20..jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back