**** DONE: 1/48 P-51D Mustang - Aircraft Nose Art GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Angels one-five

Airman 1st Class
Jun 29, 2009
Salisbury, UK
User Name: Angels One-Five
Name: Steve
Category: intermediate
Entry: P-51D Mustang "Estrellita III"
kit: Tamiya 1/48 Mustang
Accessories: Aeromaster decals, Lion Roar PE Seatbelts

Hi all, very late to the party with this one and if I have missed an entry deadline, then completely understand if I cannot partipate in this one. However, some decals arrived yesterday and I thought I would like to build this one as part of the GB:

DSC_0013_zpsdd4c70d2.gif

DSC_0010_zps22e00cf1.gif

DSC_0012_zpsbdb2774f.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Terry, Estrellita is actually from the 364th FG rather than the 20th - I actually have Miss Miami from the 20th on my 'to do' list however, so it will make an appearance at some point!

Oop! I must have had brain-fade!
Of course, when the 20th changed from P-38's, their Mustangs had the vertical black 'piano key' stripes on the nose, not the horizontal blue and white stripes - and I should know better, as I have a 1/32nd scale Mustang diorama, from the 364th, facing me in the cabinet! (Culeer's P-51D).

Brain fade is an all-too-familiar feeling here as well!

Thanks all for the clarification on entry timelines etc and for the positive words of encouragement.

A little bit of progress and some paint on the internals last night. Not much, but it's a start!

001_zpsea9fbb2d.gif

Last edited:
Yep.. welcome... I can see you have already painted a few details. But are you sure that all of these pieces can fit together ? Ehhh...

Good to see another Newbie jumping in...Welcome aboard!

Cheers Wayne

Yep.. welcome... I can see you have already painted a few details. But are you sure that all of these pieces can fit together ? Ehhh...

Thanks - I hope so!

A little more done tonight with some more interior painting and drilling out the lightening holes in the canopy frame. I may actually glue some pieces together at some point!:lol:

DSC_0002_zps084c5a4e.gif

DSC_0004_zpsd33f410f.gif

Welcome aboard Steve. No worries on the late entry - no such thing really as long as you get it done on or before the deadline. An attractive choice for a scheme.

Welcome to the group build Steve. Glad to see you added the lightening holes in the canopy cross frame. I think that is really the only drawback in that Tamiya kit, and an easy one to remedy.

Thanks guys. Finally a bit of progress! The cockpit assembly finished and the fuselage ready to go together! Not the greatest pics I'm afraid but hopefully give some idea of how it is all going!

DSC_0006_zpsd6836328.gif

DSC_0007_zps363dc637.gif

DSC_0006_zps11b62053.gif

DSC_0005_zps95497d35.gif

DSC_0005_zps6669a09e.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back