**** DONE: 1/48 P-51D "Petie 2nd" - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
Username- Meatloaf109
Name- Paul
Catagory- Intermediate
Scale- 1/48
Manufacturer- Tamiya
Model type- North American P-51D
Aftermarket- Maybe a few bits of wire and stuff I find on my desk. Oh, and some aluminium foil probably.

I think everyone is familiar with this fine piece of anglo-american co-operation, as well as this particular paint scheme.
When I was a boy, my best friend and fellow modeler, Pete, recieved a kit of this plane in 1/72nd. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.
Being 9 or 10 at the time, I think it ended up in small pieces in one of our firecracker experiments. (America was a much funner place back then.)
I have always wanted a "Blue-nosed Bird of Bodney", and with the debacle that was the P-35, this is a fine chance to use the foil again.
p-51.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a "hook and eye' up high on the door. As long as the aliens don't have "chair" technology, we should be good. (And I warned both my daughters, for good measure!)

smooth, make the pilot guy look happy :D

Tamiya doesn't have much by way of cockpit detail on this one, but the pilot is sufficiently "wide in the undercarrage" to hide the non-detail. A couple of pieces of masking tape for his harness, and a couple of wires on the radio, and I'm calling it good.
The fit of the main halves is great however, and they captured the off-set tail beautifuly.

p-51 fuselage.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back