**** DONE: 1/48 P-51D " TUSKEGEE AIRMEN "- Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woody

Master Sergeant
Jan 17, 2011
IL.
user name:woody
name:Jerry
category:2 intermediate
model:p-51D mustang
kit:TAMIYA 1/48 scale
acce.: none OOB

I will be doing this as Lt. Robert W. Williams 100th FS, 332nd FG using kit decals.
005-4.jpg

007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Is this some sort of limited issue of the Tamiya kit? I know of a good many different issues of this kit with different decals, but I've never seen it with this particular markings. Either way, should be good to see this one come together. If it wasn't for my Bf-110 project I prolly would have tried throwing in a Tamiya 'stang as well.

Last edited:
Thanks guys I need to get to LHS and get some correct colors any hints on cockpit color. I dont know about the limited run but it might have something to do with the movie
redtails that just came out i havent seen it yet.

Great kit, lousy box art! What ever happened to the inspiring artwork from when I was a kid? Wrong place for this rant. I'll start a thread elsewhere. Anyway, I may be wrong but i believe the pit should be interior green. Suggestions?

omg I might have to try a Tamiya Stang after I finish the Hasegawa Stang I have in this gb, Great choice, more stangs the merrier :D

Looking forward to this one as well. Might need to pick up this kit. I had done some Red Tails when I was younger, but they have all disappeared with time, so I've been wanting to do another.

Thanks guys I did some reading on cockpit colors and per the instructions the tamiya mixture of XF-3:2 +XF-5:1 so thats what I will start with.

002-12.jpg

now sitting behind the mustang is a 190 A-5 that I picked up with the paint I got.

004-3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back