**** DONE: 1/48 Seafire F.XVII - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think we have reached a consensus, light grey bodies with O.D. warheads it is. Thanks guys.

The cockpit is almost complete. The seat is finished and has Eduard belts attached. There is a bit of detail painting yet to be done and then I shall move on.

100_1180_640x480.JPG

100_1181_640x480.JPG

No Andy. From early post WW2, the cockpit colours changed, with the upper sections in matt black, like the Typhoon and Tempest, eventually going to the very friendly (not!) overall black, up until the advent of greys in the late 1960s/early 70s.

Information is never a diversion Andy. If I even might be wrong about something I prefer to know about it, rather than moving along in blissful ignorance and looking the fool later.

Got the cockpit finished and the fuselage halves glued together. There is a considerable gap between the halves ahead of the cockpit that will need filled. I was originally going to thin down the instrument panel to close the gap, but after test fitting found that if I did, the windscreen would be to wide. I picked the lesser of two evils. I'll fill the seam.

100_1183_640x480.JPG

Good progress Bruce. Strange about that joint though, doesn't normally happen on the better Airfix kits (Buccaneer and Tornado excepted!).

OK, got the seams filled and sanded and the panel lines restored. The stabs and the arrestor hook are attached. I decided to pose the horizontal stabilizer in a slightly drooped position as all the pictures found have it that way.

100_1186_640x480.JPG

100_1187_640x480.JPG

So far this kit is a dream. The tail is composed of six pieces ( not counting the fuselage ) and they all just clicked together. I applied the glue after it was assembled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back