**** DONE: 1/48 Westland Lysander - Jet/Recon/Transport GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
Westland lysander GB #17 Jet age / Recon / Transport

Username: rochie
First name: Karl
Category: intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Kit : Eduard
Extras : PE and Resin all included in the box

not sure which scheme for this yet, torn between 309 Sqdn in dark green/dark earth and sky cammo or a special ops scheme of dark green/med sea grey and black !

Picture 012.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Picture 011.jpg

Last edited:
I go crazy if I don't have 5 things going on at once.
I vote for the green/ grey/ black! Those Lysanders look so cool that way.

Yes Rochie :D can't wait to see this lil bird :)

Here are some pics of the Lysander in our Museum :)
DSCN5560_zpsdf0f8aba.jpg

Cutaway :D
DSCN5559_zps5614c7e3.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, the SOE scheme is the one! Got mine lined up for a future build in a diorama, based on an article in a magazine - when I eventually get around to fitting it into the build schedule!

Good one Karl.
Note that the rungs of the ladder were painted white on the top edges, so that they could easily be seen by 'Joes' boarding at night. Also, to avoid the build up of loose earth around the wheels, some aircraft had the covers removed from the spats - a tricky one for the way the kit is made possibly.
Some also had the shaped, internal fuel/oil tanks behind the pilot, but references in those two books you have should clarify this.

Ah, the spats were left in place Paul, just the semi-circular covers on the outboard side, over the top half of the wheels, were sometimes removed, exposing the wheels and the landing gear yoke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back