**** DONE: 1/72 A-10 Thunderbolt II - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Spherical

Airman
Jul 9, 2010
This is not quite my favorite aircraft, but it is pretty nearly up there!

Username: Spherical
First Name: Tama
Category: Novice
Scale: 1/72
Kit: Revell\Monogram A-10 Warthog
Accessories: Zilch, straight outta the box

Cheers

IMG_4415.JPG
IMG_4412.JPG
IMG_4413.JPG
IMG_4414.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the build!
T-bolt has done an excellent job getting shots of the piddlin' little details that keep some of us up at night!

@T Bolt, Those pics are really nice, I think I might use the majority of them as a refrence, especially the Cockpit!

@Parsifal, I dont have a particular squadron in mind at the moment, but I would actually like to know the squadron of the kits decals as I havent been able to find it yet (If somebody would be kind enough to take a look), I know EL stands for Ellsworth but Im not to sure.
The Decals arn't to brilliant, so I might think about investing in some others, - hopefully if I do, for the same paint scheme! (a point in the right direction for that would be handy :D )

IMG_4538.JPG

Thanks Parsifal!, I kinda narrowed it down, but I think because the kit has a 1977 stamp on the plastic that the squadron may have changed?
TankKiller.com - 23 Tactical Fighter Wing / Wing - 23 Tactical Fighter Wing
TankKiller.com - 74 FS -74 Tactical Fighter Squadron

Becuase of the flying tiger emblem which is also on the decal sheet, it could be these two, but I still really need an expert!

Welcome aboard Tama and what a great GB start, this is also one of my top five favourites and I have a Trumpeter 1/32 sitting on the display shelf to prove it.

A slow start so far! But here is the completed cockpit (not stuck into the fuselage just yet :p )
The yellow handles (on either side of the ejector seat), are made from copper wire, but I think there too thick, just didn't have a thinner size.

IMG_4591.JPG
IMG_4589.JPG
IMG_4590.JPG

Nice start Tama and when you have all this locked into the body, what you can see of the handles will look okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back