**** DONE: 1/72 kawanishi E15K1 Shiun "Norm" – Carrier Aircraft GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
subject: kawanishi E15k1
name: sergio
category: intermeate
kit: Aosihima 1985
scale:1/72
accesories:cockpit cover only vegetable paper

I put some pics, is more advanced later I'll put some photos of the model

64ff34d6.gif

5f5b9806.gif

decals are 4 different models including the investigation by the Ataiu sea

b64fe151.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys for your welcome always pleased to see how people support and care about what you do.

evan I have not taken photos but this is quickie

Paul, I hope that when you start painting the subject interests you most and who uses the technique I always use to paint Japanese game gives a lot.

Jan :p :oops:

David thanks.

bruce is not gold that glitters

wayne I have read according Nor is there much information on the plane and went into combat when japan was already in decline (militarily) and were very few unities that came out of the factories I recall that were 13 including prototype aircraft in 1941 was technically japan advance over the typical mistakes but always very little firepower and armor very weak or even in the case of no shielding deposits.
the Imperial Japanese Navy wanted to use them from the i-100, on aircraft carriers, cruisers or destroyers but only used 3 from a cruise Oyodo and the rest land based in Palau

Charles, you must be really rrapido to view and then hang up when the photos as this is going too fast

Jerry thanks

Jim the only reference material available to me is the work I've seen online from other modelers, I moved heaven and earth looking for some high benchmark book of him but nothing within this model is so simple to make good the gourd I cockpit as if you were protected because it is very difficult to give details so small that space is also the transparent mold release marks with three quite important so you will all work outside.

rs model I think it is much like the cabin was quite detailed, but I have not followed this model by looking at the issue of transparent

Vic this is already a veteran of the mold is not when but it left the factory in 1985 according to brand and has happened since then

Last edited:
Maybe this will help with history and such for you Sergio, couple of pages from the book Japanese Aircraft of the Pacifc by Rene J Francillion. I may have more info and will do some digging off an on. As some of the guys may tell you I dont even know all I have here LOL :)

All the best Paul

View attachment Kawanishi E15K.pdf

Last edited:
thk micdrow, for all the trouble you've taken to seek information from the apparatus.
Now I explain the model that comes in the kit (box) is modified to take the floats and fixed wing, the engine bearing the Mitsubishi Kasei MK 4S 1850hp, 24, who were those who were sent to Palau and the cruise Oyodo for evaluation in action pics 4 the pics of the 1, 2, 3 and 5 are the prototype and preproduction, which has retractable wing floats and inflatables were replaced by highly deficient in its use

Now on to the plane, the interior is impracticable, empty void, hence it up with canvas cover has 3 brands in correctable in the transparent

f96a7c0d.jpg

well as the progress is very fast in the model because it is only close the airframe and install the floats

16dbc676.jpg

9059d5ba.jpg

7502c9c0.jpg

a753a520.jpg

2f306c9b.jpg

has good lace almost putty is in place at the stair in the back and a wing but solved quickly.

thanks jan.

I finished uploading some photos but now is already updated to this point the project.
I mean, long before I print to a color metallic black color I use the gray black of vallejo (modelcolor) with gloss varnish the same brand, but this time provar other material that I bought I used the polyurethane primer vallejo is glossy and in itself so I avoid using the diluted varnish you need to apply very thin but covering completely.
dry faster which speeds up the project and agree very well in acetone-based paint is the one I use for the metal, are much harder and manageable than the alclad II but do not have the same finish for the moment I am Working them.

The case of the plane printed black

d97d3234.jpg

523ba6bb.jpg

allowed to dry 15 to 30 minutes is so dry that you can not get the plastic or rubbing with a cotton swab impregnated with acetone, then we take the aluminum paint, chrome and titanium for green and mixed color optener like aeronautical aluniminio (similar aluminum windows and doors very typical in Spain), we give the full plane but are areas not to unify fence peeling the layers behind the base color is always the same

6a0624f3.jpg

d851356b.jpg

30c2eb5a.jpg

following the preparation for chipping and painting

Last edited:
Your attachments don't seem to be working..... Better check on it.

Progress looks good, so far.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back