**** DONE: 1/72 Lockheed P-38H Lightning - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Or electrical fuse wire (maybe called 'breaker wire' in the US or Oz?), normally available wound on a card, and includes gauges from 30 Amp (thick) down to 5 Amp (very thin). Found in hardware or electrical stores.

Its been quite a few days since my last diary entry, but Ive made some progress, and have attached a couple of progress shots. Ive done the basic assembly, applied some filler over the joints, also a test coat of paint and begun the painstaking process of sandng back around the joints. it looks a bit like an orphan at the moment, but im actually pretty happy with the way its going. All the joints are nicely together, and ive only got a little more sanding, in my opinion. Let me know guys if you think Ive made a mess of it, and if so, how i might recover. but i think its okay....

Attachments

• 102_2520.jpg
    102_2520.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 102_2521.jpg
    102_2521.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 102_2522.jpg
    102_2522.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 102_2523.jpg
    102_2523.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 96
Yep. Bit difficult to tell exactly, but it looks OK. If it looks and feels smooth, especially to the 'finger nail test', then it's probably fine. A thin coat of light grey primer over the filled and sanded areas should revel any imperfections.

With Terry. The only way to know for sure is to sand until you think it's good, then apply some paint to make sure. You'll often find that the paint reveals things that you didn't see.

With all, looks good to me mate!
Would just suggest painting only the joins in future first till all sanding's done. Paint's not cheap, kind of a waste painting the entire surfaces like this.

A quick update for the weekend. Some steady progress. Photos maybe for the end of the week. I thought I completed the sanding back and surface prepration, and applied the offwhite underside colour. Light colours showed a lot of lumps and bumps, so I went back and resanded a lot of areas. Resprayed those sopts....doesnt look too bad now.

Ive started the masking job so as to apply the final top coat. But this is a fairly complex job and it will take a few days. Its back to work today, and work is .....hectic... at the moment. Might be later this week before I get time to finish. Will try and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back