**** DONE: 1/72 Pe-8 AM-35A "4 red" - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And here is another Pe-2 with the Red 4 on the rudder. It is said it was the a/c no.42088. A short story of her below....

1_23.jpg

1_23_b1.jpg

Ре-8 AM-35A, factory number 42088. This plane was received from the factory No.22 and on December 1st, 1942 it was taken on charge by 746th AP DD (Aviatsionniy Polk Dal'nego Deystwiya - long-range air regiment). At the beginning of March 1943 it got tactical number '4'. Plane's commanders: A. Peregudov (January-March 1943), later S.Sugak. Beginning with April 1943 till June 28, 1943 when it was shot down over Bobruisk, S.Sugak made 39 sorties with this machine. And the first two he shared with navigator K.lkonnikov (April 14 and 16 - missions on Danzig).
The plane carried three-tone camouflage on the upper surfaces consisted of areas of green, black and light-brown areas with irregular shape. All undersides were light blue. Red stars were in six positions - both sides of tail, fuselage and wings undersides. At first it had no white outline. It appeared later and was hand-made (by wide brush). During the last flights the paint was well-worn.
The crew of Pe-8 '4' c/n.42088 was as follows: Commander - Sergey Sugak; Co-pilot(s) - M.Bulin-Sokolov (Burmistrov); Navigator(s) - Konstantin Ikonnikov (N.Belous, T.Vasirchenko); Air gunner / bombardier - Tarasov; Air gunner / W/T - Shcherbov; Flight technician(s) - Bordyugov Obel'chenko); Flight technician assistant - Parovoi; Air gunners - Ishchenko, Vermin, Korolev, Babiy; Ground technician M. Dudkin.

If "4 red tube" or rather was put into three different planes n 42082, n42088 and n42107 finally the. I'm looking exprint book publisher that is already on the way I hope for next week. photographic information inside the plane was what I could not find but as I said before thousands of thanks wojtek.

for if, another widely used proverb here is "who gives what he has is not obliged to give more" and very grateful I am for all the effort.
our friend wotjek help forever and that is to praise and i praise, is a great man

Bold, our friend wojtek is a walking encyclopedia that's great information there always so when it is reached or is not, a great support.

Exprint's book but still I get information I need now I'm looking for another book publisher Eksmo are books written in Cyrillic, but with a Latin alphabet converter I'll translate, is that my co-worker does not want to translate for Ukranian more books

And the navigator's station of the Pe-8 ... the image source : the net...

Pe-8 navig station.jpg

Pe-8 navig station_.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday, I received Eksmo book, Here in Spain is the publishing world and I think all the information is so good wojtek has been our friend, and I have not the book that bad try to make scaneado of the images.

wojtek many thanks for all this information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back