**** DONE: 1/72 TA154aV-3 3th aircraft TE-FG W.Nr.100003 - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
Focke-Wulf Ta154v-3 Moskito

Username: Woljags
First name: Bob
Category: Beginner
Scale: 1/72
Manufacturer: Hasegawa
Model Type: TA154aV-3 3th Aircraft TE+FG W Nr 100003
Accessories: OOB work type.

Last edited by a moderator:
bob852.jpg

bob830.jpg

bob858.jpg

bob838.jpg

bob847.jpg

bob853.jpg

my 1st entry to a group build i hope its good enough,this aircraft was to replace the BF110 and JU88 night fighters ,powered by the jumo211 engines and built mainly of wood the GERMAN Mosquito ,unfortuatly due to allied bombers destroying the Goldmand glue factory that made the Goldmand tego-film adhesive used to glue the aircraft together, they had to use the substandard Dynamit AG product half the strength of the original glue,this was found to be rotting the wood causing structural failure under the stress of flight causing aircraft to literally fall from the sky,although the aircraft flew well the type had to be abandoned as the original glue could not be remade, more pics to follow shortly

bob861.jpg

bob862.jpg

bob863.jpg

bob864.jpg

bob865.jpg

bob866.jpg

bob867.jpg

bob868.jpg

progress so far,i have detailed the cockpit slightly using the transfers supplied and paint to touch up any faults or gaps shown with the transfers,i have also added 30g split into 15g into each engine cowling to get the nose wheel to work properly,fingers crossed it works,i plan to fit the undercart tonight to dry overnight before seeing if my cunning plan worked,

thanks for looking

Good stuff Bob - that's a nice looking aircraft.
Like the idea of weighting the engines rather than the nose too, wouldn't have thought of that!

i used some lead sheet offcuts from the extension we are building at home at the moment,weighed out an equal amount for both sides cut it into small strips and dropped it in,i could only just get 15g into each side and 1g into the nose cowling,i then used tremco tape to hold the lead into place,looking forward neviously to testing it in the morning

Moving along swiftly Bob and looking good. Good tip for me with the weights, there's not much room in the nose but I was also looking at just behind the nose wheel bay under the radar operators seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back