**** DONE: 1/72 Vultee V1A - From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
Username: destrozas
first name: sergio
category: intermediate
scale: 1/72
manufacturer: Azur (MPM)

extras: none

IMG_2789.jpg

A bit of the history of the plane:
The prototype (designated the V-1) was an all-metal low-wing cantilever monoplane with a retractable tailwheel landing gear. It had accommodation for a pilot and six passengers and first flew on 19 February 1933.

The production aircraft were designated the V-1A and had a slightly larger and longer fuselage for two pilots and eight passengers. Production ended in 1936 after 24 aircraft plus the prototype had been built.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will explain some of the plane because apparently some didn't know:
The vulteee v1a was spacious plane faster in 193, the most famous of all the v.1 was undouubtedly the NC-13770,

VulteeV-1USAnrNC-13770sarmetCordfot.jpg

in january 1935 James H. "jimmy" doolittle, then manager of aviation for shell petrolium, this aircraft flew from burbank to new york in record time. Leland S. andrews pilot of AA american airways after setting a new record (8 hours and 8 minuts) for 1620 miles between Lo s angeles to city of mexico.

VulteeV-1USAnrNC-13770LadyPeacezlfo.jpg

In spain, the spanish republic bought 19 of these devices which only received six, six aircraft for US policies on the spanish civil war didn't allow boarding planes and had to resell, four aircraft were captured at sea after being betrayed USA from spanish nationalists on the ship "mar cantabrico".

VulteeV-1Spainnr18---MarCantabricoa.jpg

The three remaining two were lost in the sabotage of the french fascists and one was lost failure of the landing gear did it crashed.

The model has to do is the artbox, is a plane designed in airfield of La senia, BV-005 registration,

VulteeV-1SpainnrBV---profileAirMaga.jpg

airfield that was located next to my home (1600 mts), we have it today as ultralight airfield and runway for flights with RC planes.

evan MPM is the brand under this brand up to 6 differents brands, that by the time i know and is associated closely with CMK.
Is a great company and excellent dealing with people who are at Pavla i talk from time to time.

Last edited:
thanks vic. more progress soon, although the interor and I say I'll leave as is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back