**** DONE: Bf109E-4 Jg2 white 9 Battle of Britain Group Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt

Colonel
Mar 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
User name: T Bolt
Name: Glenn
Category: 2, Intermediate
Kit: Tamiya 1/48 Bf-109E-4/7
Scale: 1/48th.
Accessories: Aero Master Decals , True details resin wheels and possibly a vacuformed canopy

This is my Third entry for the Battle of Britain Group Build. It is a Messerchmitt BF109E-4 of Jg 2.
I wanted to do a yellow nose 109 and this one was on the Aero Master decal sheet I'm using for My Jg54 build. Any info anyone has on this aircraft would be helpful.

P8072433.JPG
wt 9 pfl.jpg
P8072434.JPG
P8072435.JPG

Last edited:
That's true. But but he is still hesitating I think.

Decals for 4 aircraft: 1. 109E-1/B, II/JG54, Hermalinghen, France, late 1940. 2. 109E-1/B, Uffz Wacker, 2/JG27, Nov 1940. 3. 109E-4, Oblt Reifferscheidt, 1/JG2, Nov 1940. 4. 109E-4/B, Erganzungsgruppe JG54, Cazaux France, 1942. Suggested for Hasegawa or Tamiya kits.

For the decal sheet

Wojtek has a reference on a differnet thread showing this bird as having crashed in on Nov 1, 1940, a bit after the timeframe of the GB. However, I would say it's highly likely (although I have no evidence) that the plane was flown as shown during the specified time.

I found the post by Wojtek and his profile along with a scan of the profile from the Aero Master decal set is posted below. The caption on both of them state that it crash landed in Sidlesham, Sussex on 1 November 1940. The official ending date of the build is 31 October 1940, so unless this was White 9's first mission, it had to be involved, so I think it's a safe bet.

Looking at both Profiles brings up another question: Do I paint the spinner Yellow of White? Does anyone have any pictures of this bird?

bf109E4%20JG2.jpg
ScannedImage-36.jpg

Last edited:
Well, after looking at a photo of the crashlanded white 9 it appears the spinner is White as it is clear that it is much lighter in colour than the yellow cowling and it matches the number exactly!

In fact Glenn did you not post a pic of Yellow 10 from your other build fromJagdwaffe Vol. 2 Section 4 page 336?

If you did then flip back to page 304 and you have your reference pic!!

Last edited:
Well, after looking at a photo of the crashlanded white 9 it appears the spinner is White as it is clear that it is much lighter in colour than the yellow cowling and it matches the number exactly!

In fact Glenn did you not post a pic of Yellow 10 from your other build fromJagdwaffe Vol. 2 Section 4 page 336?

If you did then flip back to page 304 and you have your reference pic!!

Thanks Wayne, Will paint it White. I found those pictures on the internet somewhere (I can't remember where and couldn't find them again when I looked just now) I tried to get a hold of that book and the only place I found that had it wanted over $100 for it! Could you scan and post the picture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back