**** DONE: Flashback 1:48 Me163 A v4 Komet - Heini Dittmar, 1941 - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

According to my info the Me 163 ( V4 ) KE+SW was painted with RLM76 rather. The Me 163 ( V8 ) was of RLM02.

Also, I have found in the book of ACE Publication - Pod Lupa 14 - Messerschmitt Me-163 Komet info that the Me 163 A coded CD+IO was of RLM02 overall and dark green spots on the front area of the fuselage and on leading edges of wings. The profile below... a source - the book mentioned above.

Attachments

• Me163 CD_IO.jpg
    Me163 CD_IO.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
And here is another profile for the Me 163 A ( V6 ) CD+IO. I found this one in the booklet of TBiU series no.141. The light blue-grey colour shouldn't be taken into consideration.It's because of the print techique of the brochure.
However I have found the info that these earlier Me 163As might have been painted with RLM63 what is a paint of the light blue-grey tonality.

Attachments

• Me163 CD_IO_.jpg
    Me163 CD_IO_.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 99
However I have found the info that these earlier Me 163As might have been painted with RLM63 what is a paint of the light blue-grey tonality.

Interesting - you'd get a similar effect to RLM63 with a light overspray of 02 on top of 76

Not sure I possess the 'Will to Live' to try to get this 'right' I'm afraid :lol:

However, I prefer the idea of 76 to straight 02

Thanks - you're certainly making me think about it :)

I have gone through a few books about Me 163. And there wasn't any picture that could prove the RLM02 was applied on A variant. All of these early Me163s seem to be painted either with RLM63 or with RLM65 or RLM76. However one of them looks like being painted with the RLM02. The one seems to be just the one with code CD+IO.

I have gone through a few books about Me 163. And there wasn't any picture that could prove the RLM02 was applied on A variant. All of these early Me163s seem to be painted either with RLM63 or with RLM65 or RLM76. However one of them looks like being painted with the RLM02. The one seems to be just the one with code CD+IO.

Aha - well, I'd not intended to do CD+IO so I'll probably take a punt on RLM76 - many thanks for your help and steering with this.

Given that it's dated at about 1941 I assume I'd be OK with RLM02 as the cockpit colour with RLM66 in areas which might be subject to glare?

I don't think the RLM66 was used for cockpit or other areas painting of these early Me 163A. In my opinion RLM02 was the colour. The source of the cockpit profile... ACE Publication 'Pod Lupą" series no.14.

BTW RLM02 wasn't a grey colour. It was green one of greyish tonality.

Attachments

• Me163A cockpit.jpg
    Me163A cockpit.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 203
Interesting kit Paul I am not aware of the manufacture thou.Keep up the good work seat looks good for your first rodeo w/PE.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back