Done : Fw190A-6 1./JG1 Unteroffizier Rudolf Hübl, White-5 Oct,1943 Gruppe Build (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

muller

Tech Sergeant
Apr 7, 2008
Hibernia
As per Gruppenführer Airframe's request :)

Hasegawa 1/48 FW190A0-6.

hi-PI00000097933.jpg

Still waiting for it to come in the post. I plan to start it as soon as my Corsair is finished, hopefully before the end of january.

Muller:

R. Hübl's A-6 has werke nummer : 550 490, the prop is not white with a black stripe as the box art suggests.

2/3rds of the prop is black from the engine cowling forward while the remainder to the tip is white

Cheers Erich, i won't have to worry about that fiddly decal now :thumbright:

Can't wait to start building it :)

I read somewhere the checkered nose markings in JG1 were done away with when checker nosed P-47's started appearing in the skies in early 1944.

the checkered and later the striped cowlings were a dead give-away that they were from the Brunswick area.................."Brunswick Boys" as the US called them for short term. yes by spring of 44 and the ghastly loses JG 1 got smart and removed the colourful markings

Gives you plenty of time to sort out colour scheme drawings etc!
I have some pics of another kite in similar markings, I believe, if it would help M?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back