**** DONE: GB-37 1/48 ACH-47A Chinook - Helicopters / Military a/c of BoB 1940

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

scaring the bejeezuz out of me. I have warping and misalignment issues for the Sea King in my build pen. I just hope I'm not led to applying the same level of force in my build.

I think I agree with Terry. Don't break it, perhaps pull it apart and fix the problem. CA should come apart using debonder

Oh my lord, what a pickle and no Mike I've no ideas what to do to salvage this brute. Personally I would leaver or cut (with a fine saw) the joins apart and try to start all over again after a clean up. I was looking at a 1/32 scale of this beast the other day, but then realised my hanger wouldn't be big enough for it!

Last edited:
Well after breaking just about everything, the Chinook is back together. I'm going to have to repaint to even things out but all the seams are forced back together. Engines installed, rear ramp ready to install, wheels ready to install, and canopy ready to install after I repaint so I won't have to mask it.
IMG_2271.JPG
IMG_2272.JPG
IMG_2273.JPG
IMG_2276.JPG
IMG_2277.JPG
IMG_2278.JPG

Nice to see you have it sorted Mike. I've been looking at this kit with all its bits and am no mulling over buying it or not, I've long wanted a Chinook in my collection.

Terrry, thanks, I came VERY close to declaring it a target for my HK 91
Vic, It is/was a very nice kit with few fit problems initially. Naturally with 20-20 hindsight there are things I would do differently starting with that inner fuselage. There were no alignment tabs and I can see now that it needed to be almost perfectly square to fit inside the outer fuselage properly AND DON't GLUE IT in place. Those were my two BIG screw-ups

should probably view those earlier efforts as a test run rather than lost progress. that pathway leads to a dark dark place mike

Geo, don't know how similar the two kits are, but if there's an inner fuselage AND and outer one DON'T glue them together. I was very happy with the quality and fit of this kit until I Forked it up. Once I glued that inner to the outer it was all over. The slightly misaligned inner prevented the outer from coming together properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back