**** DONE: GB-37 1/48 Hughes 500D - Helicopters / Military a/c of BoB 1940

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The masking has been taking a lot of time on this one, making sure the stripes are in the right place and the right width proportionally. To get the widths I took a screen shot of the chopper and resized it so it was the same size as the model and used a caliper to measure and recreate the stripes.
Tonight I did the last big masking job and painted on the brown which was a 2:1 mix of Testors square bottle gloss brown and Model Master flat black.

IMG_2814.JPG
IMG_2817.JPG
IMG_2815.JPG
Screenshot2.png

Thanks guys. Beleave it or not masking is one of my favorite things. There's a lot of satisfaction when you peal off that tape and see a nice paint job.

I did a some touch up painting last night, glued on the landing skids, assembled the rotor and painted the tail rotor, but didn't take any pictures. I'll do that tonight and post them. Getting real close to the finish now and might finish it up Sunday and be able to work on the 190 again.

Nicely done. :thumbright:

But are you sure that the colour of the back should be the brown? I would say it should be the black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back